How to use this tool without installing?

May 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Edited May 22, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Hi, first of all thanks for this great tool, second, I got a question:
Would it be possible to create some kind of portable package of this tool? I'd like to add this tool as a folder to our Git repository so any new developer would just Clone it and it will compile without need of installing this tool using the Installer.
Thanks

Edit, also every time I open the generated file, it's telling me that line ends are inconsistent. This should be probably fixed as well.
Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Hi,

The stand alone download is a portable version of it. I'm working on a new version these days and it should be out in a few days, I optimized generating code for very large databases (in the current build it either takes a hell of a long time or it crashes)

Anyway, check out the stand alone version of Build 1.3.0.7
May 22, 2013 at 10:38 AM
You linked SQL code generator build, but I was talking about ResW File Code Generator, or am I missing something? :)
Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
My bad! Very very sorry! I was a bit distracted...

I never thought of making a stand alone version of it, you need to add some keys to the registry, register COM, and manipulate the GAC, and restart visual studio in order for a custom tool to work in Visual Studio. It's a bit hard to make it portable but I can look into it..
Coordinator
May 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Hi again,

I published a VSIX Package of this and uploaded it to the Visual Studio gallery. It should be available in the Extensions dialog.